What is NeuroStar Advanced Therapy (TMS)?
NeuroStar delivers a unique form of TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation), a non-invasive therapy that uses targeted magnetic pulses to stimulate areas of the brain that are underactive in people suffering from depression.
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) uses a targeted pulsed magnetic field, similar to what is used in an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) machine. While the patient is awake and alert, NeuroStar TMS Therapy stimulates areas of the brain that are underactive in depression.
NeuroStar Advanced Therapy for Mental Health is an FDA-cleared, non-drug, non-invasive therapy that can help you achieve long-term relief from the symptoms of depression.
Treatment with NeuroStar Advanced Therapy is easy:
• Sessions conducted in doctor’s office
• Return to normal activities right away
• You are awake during treatment
• No negative effects on memory or sleep
• Covered by most health insurance plans
Effective Treatment for Depression
With more than one million treatments performed, this novel treatment approach to achieving remission is bringing new hope to people every day.
NeuroStar uses transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to target key areas of the brain that are underactive in people with depression. It is not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy).
While the exact cause of depression is not known, the leading scientific theory is that it is caused by an imbalance of the brain’s neurotransmitters, which are chemical messengers that send signals between brain cells.
About TMS Treatment
About TMS Treatment
What Are TMS Treatments Like?
- You’ll recline comfortably in the treatment chair
- A small, curved magnetic coil will be positioned lightly on your head
- NeuroStar delivers focused magnetic stimulation directly to the target areas of the brain
- In-office treatment with NeuroStar TMS Therapy takes 19-37 minutes.
- You will be fully awake and alert. You can read or watch TV and return to work after your treatment with no restrictions.
After The Treatment
In-office treatment with NeuroStar TMS Therapy takes between 19-37 minutes per session. Once treatment is complete you will have no effects on alertness or memory and will be cleared to:
• Resume normal activities immediately.
• Drive yourself to and from treatment sessions.
What is TMS?
Targeted stimulation of the left prefrontal cortex modulates deeper brain regions involved in mood regulation.
Does TMS hurt?
It is non-invasive- the treatment coil delivers rapid pulses, which may feel like gentle tapping on the scalp.
How many treatments is TMS?
We recommend 30-36 treatments.
How long are the treatments?
Anywhere from 30 – 90 minutes.
Is TMS covered by insurance?
Most insurances will offer some sort of coverage. However, each insurance company has different policies and regulations on what is needed prior to approving coverage.
What insurances do you accept?
We accept all insurances, it only depends on whether your insurance accepts us.