Health information will be shared with third party payers in order to receive reimbursement for services rendered.
Health information will be shared with outside agencies and individuals in the following circumstances without your consent:
• Medical emergency
• Report of child or elder abuse (if client is the victim reports are only made if they are under eighteen or consents to the report being made)
• Active suicidal or homicidal intent
• Threat of violence towards Zion Healing Center and its staff members
• Destruction of or violence towards staff at Zion Healing Center
• The contraction of reportable communicable diseases or sexually transmitted diseases
• Under court subpoena
Appointment of Privacy Officer
The name and contact information for the Privacy Officer is also available in the client Rights and Responsibilities Form and in Zion Healing Center Employee Manual.
The Duties of the Privacy Officer Include:
• Maintaining knowledge of privacy legislation and regulations
• Responding to privacy-related complaints and concerns
• Responding to requests for access and correction
• Responding to inquiries from the public about Zion Healing Center’s privacy practices
• Liaising with other organizations, the public/government on privacy-related issues
Inquiries and Complaints
• Questions, comments or complaints about the Company’s privacy policies and procedures or about the collection, use or disclosure of personal info will be directed to the Privacy Officer.
• The Privacy Officer will follow the procedures set out in the client Grievance Policy in responding to, resolving and recording privacy-related complaints.
• If the client is not satisfied with the response provided by the Privacy Officer, the client may contact the State of Utah, Department of Human Services to register a complaint.
For More Information or to Report a Problem
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. There will be no retaliation for filing a complaint with either the Privacy Officer or the Office for Civil Rights.